Here at Baptist Health Louisville and Baptist Health La Grange, we know that fireworks, while pretty, can be dangerous and cause serious burns or eye injuries. Below are some safety tips when handling fireworks:
- Do not allow children to play or ignite fireworks.
- Read and follow all warnings and instructions.
- Make sure other people are out of range before lighting fireworks, and only light them on a smooth flat surface, away from the house, dry leaves or other flammable materials.
- Never try to relight a firework that did not work.
- Keep a bucket of water nearby in case of a fire or malfunction.
Be sure the fireworks that you are using are legal where you live, and keep these safety tips in mind when using fireworks to celebrate.