Looking for a light, yet filling, meal? Try this delicious pasta stir fry; it’s chock-full of protein and low in sodium.
- 10-12 oz. chicken tenders (skinless, boneless chicken breast)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/4 c. pine nuts
- 1 tsp. minced garlic or 1/4 c. chopped green onions
- 1 bunch or 10-12 spears asparagus, trimmed
- 2 T. lemon juice
- Scant 1 T. ground mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c. linguine or medium pasta, cooked
- 2 oz. soft goat cheese or 2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. cherry tomatoes, diced in half (optional)
- 3/4 c. chicken broth
Cut chicken into thin strips. Using medium heat and a large skillet, add oil to pan. Saute strips, pine nuts, garlic and onion in heat oil until lightly browned. Transfer chicken to a platter. Add asparagus to skillet along with lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Saute until lightly browned. Return chicken with pine nuts to skillet; continue to saute until chicken is tender. Add cooked pasta and cheeses, stirring to blend. Add chicken broth, stirring to blend. Serves 4.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 364; Fat: 16g; Protein: 32g; Carbohydrates: 36; Sodium: 160mg.
This recipe was provided by Baptist Health Louisville’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Department. Learn more about Baptist Health’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Program.