Looking for a healthy, summery pizza recipe? We’ve got the perfect one for you!
Arugula & Prosciutto Pizza
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, preferably whole wheat
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces very thinly slice prosciutto, cut into thin strips (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup shredded fontina or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups coarsely chopped arugula
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- Position over rack in the lowest position; preheat to 450 degrees. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to about the size of the baking sheet. Transfer to baking sheet. Bake until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, prosciutto and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring, until the onion is beginning to brown. Around 3 minutes.
- Spread the onion mixture evenly over the crust and top with cheese. Bake until crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with arugula and tomato.
Nutrition Per Serving: 306 calories; 11 g fat (4 g sat, 5 g mono); 28 mg cholesterol; 33 g carbohydrates; 13 g protein; 2 g fiber; 600 mg sodium; 140 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 high-fat meat, 1 fat