- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch strips (8oz.)
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 c. sliced, fresh or canned mushrooms
- 3 T. flour
- 1 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 2 T. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 c. white wine
- 1/2 chopped pimento (optional)
- 1/4 c. slivered almonds
- About 1/3 (16-oz.) box (2 c.) spaghetti or fettuccine noodles
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute chicken pieces in olive oil and garlic until no longer pink. Remove from skillet and place in 2-quart casserole dish. Add mushrooms ad flour to skillet, stirring to coat. Saute for 1 minute, add chicken broth, stirring until smooth. Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened. Stir in sour cream, rosemary, Parmesan cheese, wine and pimento. Continue to simmer for 1 minute. Add this mixture with cooked pasta to casserole dish with chicken. Stir to coat pasta. Sprinkle almonds over the top surface. Bake for 20 minutes, covered. Remove lid and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories: 323; Fat: 10g; Carbohydrates: 29g; Protein: 21g; Fiber: 1g; Sodium: 356mg.