Baptist Health Medical Group physicians have been named to Louisville Magazine’s Top Docs 2019 list, featured in the magazine’s August issue.
The doctors named to the list are chosen by their peers, based on surveys the magazine sent to members of the Greater Louisville Medical Society asking them the question: If you or a member of your family were in need of medical care or treatment, who among the Louisville-area doctors would you choose to provide medical care in the following specialties?
Congratulations to the Baptist Health Medical Group doctors who were top-ranked in the categories listed.
When you’re looking for a recommendation for a doctor, who better to get that endorsement from than other physicians? After all, they know what it takes to deliver exceptional care.
Baptist Health’s Top Recommended Doctors
To be named by even one survey participant as a doctor they’d recommend to their loved ones is an honor. The Baptist Health physicians listed below received multiple mentions:
- John L. Huber Jr., MD (Cancer Care)
- Geetha Joseph, MD (Cancer Care)
- Michael D. Kommor, MD (Cancer Care)
- Chris N. Anggelis, MD (Heart Care)
- Mini K. Das, MD (Heart Care)
- William C. Dillon, MD (Heart Care)
- John M. Mandrola, MD (Heart Care)
- Terry S. Weiss, MD (Family Medicine)
- Janet R. Chipman, MD (General Surgery)
- Anthony George, Jr., MD (General Surgery)
- Richard M. Pokorny, MD (General Surgery)
- Nathan M. Bullington, MD (Infectious Disease)
- Anna B. Hart, MD (Infectious Disease)
- Benjamin T. Klausing, MD (Infectious Disease)
- Hal M. Corwin, MD (Neurology)
- Thomas Becherer, MD (Neurosurgery)
- Steven J. Reiss, MD (Neurosurgery)
- Wayne G. Villanueva, MD (Neurosurgery)
- James M. Link, MD (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
- Reid B. Brown, MD (Orthopedic Surgery)
- Kittie H. George, MD (Orthopedic Surgery)
- Russell J. Bird, MD (Primary Care)
- Timothy Bratton, MD (Primary Care)
- Michael W. Dee, MD (Primary Care)
- John D. Kolter, MD (Primary Care)
- Christopher Pitcock, MD (Sports Medicine)
- Robert W. Linker III, MD (Thoracic Surgery)
All doctors named to the list received multiple mentions from their peers. Those surveyed could list up to five doctors, in order of preference, in the primary-care categories of family medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics-gynecology, and pediatrics.
For the specialists, respondents were asked to list up to three doctors. The points were then tallied to compile the listings that follow, with top-ranking physicians listed in each specialty. The doctors are listed alphabetically within each category, and the number of doctors listed in specialties varies according to the number of doctors receiving mentions in each field.
The Baptist Health Philosophy of Care
While the Baptist Health physicians recognized by Louisville Magazine made the “Top Docs” list on their own merits, we believe that the Baptist Health philosophy of care creates an environment in which doctors can do their best work. Our large, multi-specialty network is made up of physicians and advanced practice clinicians who provide compassionate, patient-centered care at every Baptist Health location.
If you have a medical question or concern, contact Baptist Health today to make an appointment with one of our many outstanding physicians.