Reach your wellness goals with the support of Baptist Health.
Your weight does not have to be something you struggle with on your own. Baptist Health Bariatric Surgery and Weight Loss — located in Lexington, Louisville, Paducah and Richmond in Kentucky, as well as in New Albany, Indiana — can support you in your weight-loss efforts at every stage in your wellness journey.
“Our programs and services are designed to help you stay focused on your goals,” says Jenny Martin, MS, RD, LD, bariatric coordinator at Baptist Health Lexington’s Surgical Weight Loss Center. “Weight loss can have a huge impact on your health and longevity, and having some accountability can help ensure that you maintain these healthful habits long term.”
Baptist Health Weight Loss Programs and Services
Baptist Health Bariatric Surgery and Weight Loss provides you with access to the following offerings:
- Diabetes Prevention. This year-long program is designed to support individuals at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes. It promotes weight loss, healthy eating, exercise and an overall healthier lifestyle. Learn more about our Diabetes Prevention Program.
- Medical Weight Loss.* If you are not a candidate for bariatric surgery or prefer nonsurgical weight-loss treatments, you may benefit from the Medical Weight Loss program. Following a comprehensive initial evaluation, Baptist Health’s clinical team will work with you to develop a personalized nutrition and exercise plan, prescribe medications as needed and regularly follow up with you to ensure that you are staying on track. Learn more about Medical Weight Loss.
- Nutrition Counseling.* This program provides an opportunity to work with a registered dietitian either one-on-one in private sessions or in a group class. Call 859.260.5122 for more information.
- Weight Loss Surgery. Baptist Health’s skilled bariatric surgeons offer gastric sleeve surgery, as well as revisions of previous weight-loss surgeries. Many insurance companies, including Medicare and Medicaid, will cover weight loss surgery as long as you have a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or more and/or a BMI of 35 or more in conjunction with other comorbidities, such as high blood pressure and sleep apnea.
- Weight Loss Surgery Support Groups. If you choose to undergo weight-loss surgery, Baptist Health’s monthly weight-loss surgery support groups can help you stay motivated and connected with others who are experiencing similar weight loss related challenges and successes.
*These services are only available at Baptist Health Lexington.