Serves 4. Cook time: 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (tops and all)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 parsnip, peeled and shredded
- 1 tsp. dried dill or 1 tsp. rosemary and thyme
- 1/4 bunch parsley, drained and chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup noodles
Put all ingredients except noodles in a soup pot and bring to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 1 hour, the flavor improves the longer it’s cooked. Add noodles and simmer an additional 20 minutes. Note: Add a salad and crackers or hard rolls. Shredded parnsips give this soup a rich flavor.
The original recipe calls for dill, however, you can substitute equal amounts of rosemary and thyme instead of dill.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories: 224; Fat: 2g