- 1 T. Olive oil
- 1 large (6-oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 tsp. red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T. lime juice
- 1 (15-oz.) can ready-to-eat creamy tomato soup, reduced sodium
- 1 C. canned, chopped tomatoes with juice (chipotle pepper or Mexican style)
- 1 large. soft tortilla
- Spray butter or additional olive oil
In a 1-quart saucepan, brown chicken pieces in olive oil. Add red pepper, cumin, salt and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Gently saute chicken for 5-6 minutes until tender. Use a spatula to chop into small pieces. Add tomato soup, chopped tomatoes and simmer until mixture is desired temperature. While soup is cooking, brush tortilla lightly with olive oil and sprinkle additional red pepper (oven or toaster for 3-4 minutes until tortilla is slightly crisp). Break tortilla apart over soup.
When red pepper or cumin is not available, add 2 tablespoons salsa to chicken. If you use condensed tomato soup, reduce the amount of added milk or water by half.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories: 240; Fat: 5g; Carbohydrates: 22g; Sodium: 2g.